What is a Harvest Life Group?
A Life Group is a group of 4 to 15 people who meet regularly for the purpose of encouraging each other to live a life that pleases God and to share the good news about Jesus Christ with others. Furthermore, the group is committed to participating in the larger church worship time.
What is the Agenda of a Life Group?
Every Life Group has one primary agenda – to provide a safe place where lives can be transformed by the living God; A real God working through real relationships with real people to accomplish real change.
What are the Dimensions of a Life Group?
A life group has five dimensions (Acts 2:42, 47):
1. Bible Study – Helping each other live a life that pleases God as defined in His Word, the Bible
2. Fellowship – A safe place to share life
3. Worship – Calling attention to the greatness of God
4. Prayer – Talking to God in behalf of each other and ministering to each other
5. Outreach – Sharing with others the good news of Jesus Christ
What About the Sunday Morning Worship?
Gathering together on Sunday to worship in a large group is important (Hebrews 10:25). Here we see the majesty of God – Jesus as our king. It also helps us see that we are part of a bigger community of believers. We gather together primarily to worship God and hear His Word preached. But the worship service by itself is incomplete. Being in a Life Group is just as important!! Here we see the closeness of God – Jesus as our brother. The goal of the Life Group is to help us experience Jesus up close and personal.